The United States of America was founded on principles and values that have enabled this nation to become something exceptional. The United States, as a result of its moral values, and careful attention to freedom with responsibility, has become the greatest nation on the face of the earth. The Constitutional and Christian heritage of this nation has made America prosper, and become the nation that people from around the world desire to immigrate to. And now, the liberals would like you to join them as they try to change it.
Change for the sake of change is not positive change. Empty change, like the Obama campaign promises, is change that will place our fine nation in jeopardy, and in a position of vulnerability that we simply cannot afford.
This is not to say that some kind of change is not needed. The governmental system during the last century has slowly deteriorated through creeping incrementalism from a government for the people and by the people to a judicial oligarchy ruled by an appointed bench of judges. The governmental system has wandered away from its Constitutional beginnings, and is broken in many ways. Because of this deterioration, we do need to enact positive change. However, this kind of change, unlike the liberal left’s change for the sake of change, will not come easily. Forces are already in place to combat such change. Any positive change worth having, complete with attacks from the left, is change we will have to fight for.
Americans, partially due to the disease of political correctness, and partially due to a society filled with individuals that won’t take responsibility for their own actions or stupidity, and have learned to depend on the courts for justification of their errant ways, have been compromised by compromise. The consequences of our compromise are upon us. Society is scrambling to fix the decay with nanny-state legislation, and is willing to enact change, any change, for the sake of change. In the process of trying to correct the decay of our society and government, we are digging ourselves deeper into a pit of ruin.
Restoration of our once uncompromised republic is nearly out of sight and beyond our reach. The liberal left’s quest for everyone to simply get along with one another has been used and abused to perfection. The liberal left has joined into lock-step (or should I say “goose-step”) quite efficiently with the enemies of freedom and liberty, and they don’t even realize it.
Or, perhaps they do.
In 1963 the communist goals for the take over of America from within were entered into the Congressional Record by Albert Herlong, Jr. Communist China and the Soviet Union were the enemy of the day. The generation enduring The Cold War at that time was the same generation that had fought the war against Nazi fascism in World War II, and that war with the axis powers was still fresh in their minds.
The communist invasion, however, would be different. They invaded us from within. However, due to the brilliance of President Ronald Reagan, The Cold War was won by The West. Therefore, we no longer had to worry about the fascist communist infiltration from within. . . Right?
A new enemy has emerged, recently. The new enemy, Islam, is an old enemy fueled by a violent ideology dating back to the seventh century. Islam has been observant during these many years, watching history, learning the best way to bring down The West. They have discovered that their best method is through the useful idiots of the liberal left, and their own fascist agendas that cling well to the list of 45 communist goals for bringing down America.
The threat of fascism through liberalism and Islamism is not as apparent as it was with Nazi Germany or fascist Japan. But the threat is alive and being used efficiently by today’s Left. After all, fascism is a counterfeiter. It is a method of pointing fingers and using the art of misdirection. Liberals tell you that fascism can only come from the right. I say that this is yet another attempt to misdirect, and fool you to march to the voting booth in the wrong political direction.
Fascism comes from a position of popularity. It is a drug that comes upon the people without them even realizing it. It declares that it is for the good of the country, using creeping incrementalism to slowly indoctrinate the people. Fascism claims it is the wave of the future, that it is progressive, and that it represents much needed change that is a long time in coming. Fascism is exciting, young, and preaches that it is ready to fix whatever is broken by applying new ideas that the old, uptight and old-fashioned generations are not capable of.
Nazism, of course, is the best example of how fascism easily gains control over an unsuspecting populace. The Nazi Party in post-war Germany promised the people that Germany would rise to prominence from the ashes of World War I. The Nazi government would eliminate those at fault for the crushing defeat, clamp down on big business, and end the class struggle. 59% of Environmental Conversationalists joined the party, as did cultural elites, the youth, and the lower classes. Why not? After all, the Nazis portrayed themselves as on the side of progress, protecting the environment, protecting the poor, preaching unity, togetherness, and an end to division.
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?
Don’t misunderstand me. I am not suggesting that if you are concerned about the environment, or desire that everybody just get along, that it automatically makes you a fascist. I am suggesting, however, that each of those desires, which are noble in their own right, can be used to stir up an uncompromising will to stamp out individual freedoms – and it begins with a nanny-state not much unlike the one that the liberal left is attempting to create as you read this.
Over the years the liberal elites have forged a plan for socialism that began to become apparent during the last century. After Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s social programs the movement swung into high gear. The liberals have pioneered the reengineering of America by compromising the U.S. Constitution and promising a better life with their new and more intrusive government programs, such as socialized medicine.
Each election cycle produces grander socialist wealth redistribution policies, drawing more and more people into the grand scheme, quietly, and at the tiny little price of compromising our core principles, and individual liberties.
Our descent into a socialist nanny-state is alarming. So much so that the liberal left, upon reading this, will laugh and declare that I am being a typical right-wing nut, unable to fathom the larger picture.
The broad picture is that as the Democratic Party moves farther to the left, it is dragging the Republican Party to the left with it. As an American I am recognizing a recurring historical theme happening here in America right now. It occurred in Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, Cuba, and China. The battle lines have been drawn. What the liberal left is doing is simply no surprise because it has happened before.
This is where the list of 45 comes into play. If you will remember, the list of 45 was submitted to congressional record over 40 years ago. As you go through the list, think about how many of the goals the liberal left is trying to push on us in today’s America. Also, keep in mind how many of them Islam is using as well. Realize that liberalism and Islam has made small changes, like in the first two, they have replaced the word “atomic” with the word “any.”
And without further delay, here it is, The List of 45:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
As an added note, I first came across this list at A Newt One, and have found a cataloguing of the list at Eeevil Conservative’s site (well, she directed me to it when she heard of my interest in the list). Also, last Saturday, Snooper of A Newt One, and a panel of others, went through the first half of the list on Political Pistachio Radio. We will complete our commentary on the list this coming Saturday at 10:00 PM Eastern Time.